Tips to Avoid Over Eating
- Slow down, chew with purpose: Take at least 20 minutes to consume a meal. Taking longer to eat will make you feel as though you are eating more. Enjoy the conversation and companionship.
- Eat only while sitting down: Much extra food in consumed on the run. Making it a point to sit down while eating will help you think about how much you are consuming.
- Eat off smaller plates!
- Drink a 12 ounce glass of water before eating: It will take up room in your stomach and make you feel less hungry.
- Wait 10 minutes before snacking: Between meal snacks are usually impulsive acts. A wait before eating them will often make you realize you aren't hungry after all.
- Keep the right stuff up front: Make such foods as fruit and vegetables readily available by keeping them in the front of the refrigerator shelves.
| Commentary |
Food You Will Love | HeartPoint
Gallery | In The News | Health Tips | What's New
| Information Center | Home |
This site presents material for your information, education and entertainment. We can assume no liability for inaccuracies, errors, or omissions. Above all, material on this site should not take the place of the care you receive from a personal physician. It is simply designed to help in the understanding of the heart and heart disease, and not as a diagnostic or therapeutic aid. You should seek prompt medical care for any specific health issues. Please feel free to browse the site and download material for personal and non-commercial use. You may not however distribute, modify, transmit or reuse any of these materials for public or commercial use. You should assume that all contents of the site are copyrighted. ©COPY;1997 HeartPoint